El geoportal está dirigido tanto a usuarios especializados como a cualquier persona u organización pública o privada que tenga la necesidad de consultar mapas o información geográfica en el ámbito de la Comunidad Autónoma de Euskadi.
geoEuskadi is the reference geoportal of the Basque Country Spatial Data Infrastructure (Euskadi SDI) with the aim of guaranteeing the reuse and the easy and effective access of the geographic information of the Basque Autonomous Community.
The objectives of geoEuskadi, as a component of the Euskadi SDI, are:
- Allow the discovery of the data sets and geographic services of the Euskadi SDI that are gradually incorporated and are accessible from the Internet.
- Promote the dissemination and reuse of geographic information and geoservices
- Offer as far as possible its functionality based on geoservices that comply with the norms, standards and specifications that regulate and guarantee the interoperability of geographic information
- Provide functionality of general interest (information viewer, data catalog, nomenclator, data download, etc.) relying on the services of the Euskadi SDI
- Publicize the news regarding the SDI of Euskadi and the availability on the Internet of new data sets or geoservices
The geoportal is aimed both at specialized users and at any person or public or private organization that has the need to consult maps or geographic information in the scope of the Autonomous Community of Euskadi.