The business areas and industrial parks are locations with a very specific problems characterized by:
- They are usually a "maze" of companies
- There are problems localizing enterprises
- Management problems because of the municipal administration, IAE database, LVT, locals, ...
- Inability to provide an overall management response in terms of transportation, security, signage, Environment,...
- Difficulty to develop economic analysis related to the territory
- Difficulty for economic development
Benefits of GIS tools:
- Having a global view of the distribution of economic activities of the municipality
- Disseminate the strategic advantages of a given industrial area
- Dynamize the market by offering preferential locations
- Manage an orderly growth from the business and spatial planning point of view
- Facilitate the arrival to business of customers, suppliers, ...
- Provide updated information on the Internet
- Facilitate the accomplishment of economic analysis linked to the territory